Chapter 1: Comprehension Questions
- Explain in your own words, what is meant by “an action should be declarative, feasible, and self-explanatory”.
- Create pseudocode for your procedures for getting ready for school. Make sure to indent any control statements.
- Write your pseudocode from question 2 as an abstraction.
- Encapsulate your pseudocode from question 2.
- Explain the difference between refinement and encapsulation. Explain the importance of both in coding.
- Explain the difference between a problem and an algorithm. Think of another real-world example, not from the textbook, to show the difference between a problem and an algorithm.
- In your own words, explain why abstraction is important.